NNRG provides a wide variety of consulting services to landowners, industry, buyers, non-profits and government.
NNRG provides a wide variety of consulting services for clients across the wood products supply chain, including: forest landowners, wood products manufacturers, buyers, advocacy groups, government agencies, and others. Our consulting services fall into four primary categories:
Forest Management Planning
NNRG can provide on-site forest management planning advice for landowners who are developing a forest management plan for their property. This service is particularly valuable for landowners who are new to forestry.
NNRG can provide advisory services on the following forest management topics:
- FSC® compliant forest management
- Improving fish and wildlife habitat
- Timber stand improvement
- Non-timber forest products
- Forest health
- Fire prevention
- Identifying financial and technical assistance programs
- Identifying additional income opportunities from forestland
FSC Market Information
Based on our knowledge of the regional and national FSC marketplace, NNRG regularly assists green building professionals, corporate and government procurement personnel, and FSC manufacturers and distributors with finding the products and information they need to complete their projects. Making use of a knowledge-base that has been built on a decade of working within the FSC industry, NNRG can save clients considerable time and money by helping them navigate the emerging FSC marketplace to find the products or buyers they need.
NNRG can provide advisory services on the following market-based topics:
- Marketing FSC certified forest products (from raw timber to value-added)
- Sourcing FSC certified forest products (residential and commercial)
- Identifying manufacturers of FSC certified value-added products
- Assisting with chain-of-custody certification issues
Small Scale Manufacturing & Direct Marketing
Many communities and individual landowners are rediscovering the value of using local wood products. New efficient and affordable technologies are available that enable users to process wood all the way from the forest to finished products. NNRG can help develop a product line and manufacturing strategies for the unique forest products your woodlands produce.
NNRG can provide advisory services on the following manufacturing and marketing topics:
- Small-scale milling
- Value-added manufacturing
- Direct marketing to the FSC marketplace
- Business planning and financing services
NNRG can help design and implement educational programs in a variety of formats on topics relating to sustainable forest management and wood products marketing. This service is well suited for non-profit organizations, government agencies and private companies of all sizes. Educational formats may include:
- Field tours
- Employee training
- Publications and educational materials
NNRG provides consulting services at the following rates:
$65/hr + expenses
NGO & Small Business (<$5M/yr)
$85/hr + expenses
$120/hr + expenses
Please call our main office at 206-971-3709 for more information on our services.